Monday, June 11, 2012

Sexy Serpent

I've wanted to try doing some snakeskin nails for a while now, but I honestly never imagined they would come out this good on the first try. I was just going to play around with some lace from some old clothes and I thought that I'd just end up taking it off. Now I really wish I would've taken pictures so I could post a tutorial. 

       For this I used
  • Essie Blanc
  • Essie Sew Psyched
  • Essie As Gold As It Gets
  • Essence Nude It!
  • Essence High Spirits
  • Essence Black is Black
  • Essence Gold Rush
  • Kleancolor Cappuccino
  • Fresh Paint Oatmeal
  • China Glaze Luxe and Lush
 I tried to stay with more earthy nudes and greens and brown shades.



What You Need

  • A small piece of Mesh/Lace      
  • A Sponge
  • Small brush
 


Here's how I did it

  1. I started with one thick coat of white on all of my nails and let it dry completely.
  2. Take the lace and lay it on the nail. Try not to move it while dabbing the colors.
  3. With some tweezers and a small chunk of makeup sponge and started dabbing the lightest nude color I am using.
  4. With a brown or darker nude color I tried to make some lines or diamonds with a small brush that resembled patterns on a snake.
  5. Now I took the greens I had and randomly dabbed them in the more empty spaces. 
  6. Just before I took off the lace, I took a tiny amount of black on my brush and went over the parts with the brown to make them stick out more.
  7. Now, slowly pull the lace upwards. It might stick just a little bit but that's okay, I just slightly pushed it back down with my finger.
  8. I took a sheer champagne color and dabbed a small amount around the nail not covering it all the way. This is optional.
  9. I then took As Gold As It Gets and did a coat of that and then a coat of Luxe and Lush. It gives it a scaly and almost wet look.
  10. Two coats of top coat and you're done!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so clever! I've always wanted to do snake print nails, it looks so good! Thanks for the tutorial, I'll definitely be trying this soon :) I found you via your entry to a pattern contest on Instagram, I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps! Lol thanks for voting for me! :D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I really do love, appreciate and read every single comment that I receive.

Please do not spam or try to promote your blog. If I see comments like this, I will delete them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...