Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Howling Wolf and The Moon aka My favorite Halloween nails ever


     Hi guys! I am super excited to share this because I am really proud of how this turned out. I got the idea a couple of days ago to do some sort of wolf themed Halloween nail art, but I wanted it to have a cool wolf silhouette over the moon. If you couldn't tell, all of my nails are supposed to look like the moon and my ring finger is the howling wolf.

    To do this I did two coats of an off-white nail color and let that dry almost completely. Then I got two gray colors, a darker and a lighter, and I painted some of that onto a piece of balled up saran wrap and then alternated between dabbing the dark and light grays onto my nails. I tried to concentrate the gray into some spots. If you look at a picture of the moon, you will see why I did that.

    Then, I did one coat of Serum No. 5 DayGlow to get a yellowish hue and the glow in the dark effect.

   The wolf silhouette was done using black acrylic paint and a detail brush. It wasn't easy, I had to do this twice... -.-'

    The first picture was taken using the normal settings I use with my camera, Macro and Flash
    The second was using a night setting, with macro in semi dark with no flash
    The last picture was taken in complete darkness using the same night setting.


The colors I used for these nails:

A franken off-white made with Essie Blanc and CND Marshmallow Rose

The two gray colors are China Glaze Recycle and Zoya Dove

The Glow in the dark color is DayGlow from Serum No. 5

and acrylic paint was used for the wolf



4 comments:

  1. Omggg, these are SO COOL! I can almost hear the wolf howling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are PERFECT. you're one of my all-time favorite nail blogs and part of the reason i finally started one!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Gosh. Thank you so much! That is so awesome!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I really do love, appreciate and read every single comment that I receive.

Please do not spam or try to promote your blog. If I see comments like this, I will delete them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...