Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Lights Nail Tutorial!


   More holiday nails, and a tutorial! Wowzers!

Ok, for this I used Essie Beyond Cozy as my base color.

I used a striper, detailer, and flat end brush.

Black, orange, blue, yellow, green, red, and white acrylic paints. You can use nail polish, but I find acrylic paints much easier to work with when doing nail art.

 You can use any base color, but I think this looks really great over glitter.

1. After I let my base color dry most of the way, I used my striper brush and black paints and made some squiggly lines on each nail.

2. Then, I added a small, short black dot where I wanted each blub to be.

3. Not you can start with your little light bulbs! I chose to make mine teardrop shaped using a detailer brush, but you can make yours round (with a dotting tool) or whatever you want! The color pattern I used was orange, blue, yellow, green, and red. 

4. Now you can take your striper again and dip the very end in white and make some tiny white lines on each bulb. This gives it more depth and makes it look rounder.

Finish with your favorite top coat, mine is Seche Vite, and you're done!!


   Do you guys like tutorials like this, with pictures? Since I've found that making tutorials like this is so easy, I'll probably be doing this more often.

26 comments:

  1. Love these I do have a Question where do you get the Arcrylic Paints from? The craft section?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure they'd have them in a craft section of a regular store. They'd definitely have them at any art supply store.

      Delete
    2. Walmart sells them, and they're usually about $0.40 each. Works great. :)

      Delete
  2. You can get the same look with Jamberry Nail Wraps. Less fuss.
    www.shenailsit.jamberrynails.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I really do love, appreciate and read every single comment that I receive.

Please do not spam or try to promote your blog. If I see comments like this, I will delete them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...